Subject: Re: Collision Detection
From: David Warner <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 15:54:49 -0800

On Mon, 25 Mar 1996, Daniel Dugour wrote:

> ...Compare it to a wheel the size of a small moon rolling over the Mount
> Everest. To the wheel it might seem like it touches the same spot, but
> someone standing there, panting in his oxygen gear, would definitely see a
> lot moving, and definitely not touching the same spot all the time. This
> would help to solve these problems.

The year or so that I have spent working with Impact has shown me that
LARGE objects work much more reliable with collision detection.  In fact,
anyone who is using Impact should model their objects much larger than
normal...I don't use any objects that are smaller than 1 meter.  This
definitely improves Impact's performance. (damn, forgot to mention that
in my review)

                                     -David Warner
                                      [email-masked]
                                      http://www.albany.net/~dwarner

    Only 20 days until the Lightspeed Animation Contest deadline!